The Extras: Trainings, Templates, Goodies
Your mission, should you choose to accept it…
It’s time to take charge of your life and your business, once and for all!
First you are going to take a look at what is actually on your plate – this in itself is eye opening.
You are going to beat that calendar into submission and FINALLY get out of overwhelm and into a space where you make time work for you!
Yeah, take that time!
Why you need to do it:
When you ricochet from one thing to the next without a plan of action, you are far from bullet proof, and down right exhausted at the end of the day.
That is no state from which to operate a business. Your head needs to be clear and ordered if you are to really take charge and nail down those important (not necessarily) big actions that will actually move you towards your goals. The best way to get your head on straight is to take charge of your time…
In this lesson you are going to look at all your tasks and responsibilities, categorize them, and then schedule those tasks and responsibilities onto your calendar. This has a triple benefit:
* You will know what is coming up so even when you feel overwhelmed, it is just one foot in front of the other
* You will de-clutter valuable brain space for business thinking and you can relax knowing that all your responsibilities will be met
* You will have time to work ON your business as well as IN it, and still be able to take some much deserved time out for yourself
What you actually need to do:
For this lesson you will need to:
1. Watch the video above. It explains how to use the exercise for this lesson.
2. Open the spreadsheet found in the Lesson Downloads section above.
3. Save a version of the Time Planner Spreadsheet to your own desktop
4. Complete the Time Planner exercise
5. Have a talk with your family about what you discovered during the Time Planner exercise and re-jig – redistribute shared tasks to free up some time if there is not enough of it to go around! Your business will not grow if you do not dedicate time to it
6. Think about what you can outsource and/or automate to free up even more time
7. Download an electronic calendar if you do not already have one. We recommend Google Calendar.
8. Put tasks into your Google Calendar, including time to work ON your business strategy.
9. Remember to put some fun things into your calendar!