Cracking Course Creation – creating lessons #2
Your mission, should you choose to accept it…
Is to move on from decision making and start ACTUALLY making your lesson content.
In this lesson we dive into SO MUCH fun stuff:
* Adult learning concepts
* What to ‘tell’ your students and why
* Learning styles
* How to match your lesson content and your audience to your lesson activities and resources!
* PLUS I give you all the cheaty ways of course
Why you need to do it:
We all learn in different ways and we need to think about how lesson content and resources and learning activities will be received BY that audience. There is little point in creating a course that is:
* Misses vital cheat sheets etc to make our students lives easier
You want people to be saying “Wow that was great” so they will come back for more.
What you actually need to do:
1. Watch the video above.
2. Download your lesson resource, the template for course creation (if you haven’t done this already). PLEASE SAVE Y OUR OWN VERSION, THIS ONE IS A SHARED DOCUMENT
3. Decide what course platform you are going to use and purchase it. Then brand it. Then get to work on it.
4. Set up your first course home page and first lesson page.
5. Create your lesson resources before you ‘explain’ the lesson on your lesson page – this is because you often change what you are making as you go along and think of extra things. Doing your resources first will save you time in the long run, but if you feel that you would rather answer your students WHAT, WHY and HOW first to clarify things for yourself then please go ahead and do this.
6. Record your first video (if you are using video), brand it if you wish, and upload it to Youtube with a privacy setting then add it to your lesson page.
7. Make your resources on canva (or similar), save it Google Drive, and share the link on your lesson page.
8. Fill out the WHAT, WHY, and HOW part of your lesson page.
WOHOO, did you just create your first lesson babe? Go you. In the next lesson we talk marketing messages and making your courses great. See you there.